If a previous child support reads that i should pay child support through probation department and the recent modification order

Iselin, NJ |

if a previous child support reads that i should pay child support through probation department and the recent modification order reads i should pay directly to plaintiff? which one am i suppose to follow? if i am suppose to pay directly to plaintiff, then who will tell the probation to close the open case?

The second order should replace the first order. If in doubt have your attorney send a copy to probation. Probation should have been notified with new order issuing.

The above answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship and/ or retention of counsel. This answer is based upon the facts presented and may change if additional information is provided. The rules of the Bar for New York State may require me to advise that this could be construed as attorney advertisement.

The second Order would superceed the first. You must forward it to probation so they are advised of the change.

Agreed - to avoid any potentially serious headaches, I'd hand-walk that order into probation and make sure they close the account. Get the name of the person you speak to. Have an extra copy of the order on hand.

IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER AND APPRECIATE THE TIME IT TOOK TO WRITE IT, PLEASE SELECT IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Thanks. The above is said without seeing your case file and without my understanding the entirety of the facts of your case. Depending on those facts, the above information be may incomplete or may be completely inaccurate. The above is intended as general information only based on what you described and not as legal advice. I advise you to consult with counsel who may be able to provide better information commensurate with a better understanding of your situation.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support