If a police don't have any evidence what so ever and a other person said didn' have nothing to do with at all

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicopee, MA

I never had a criminal background this my first offense .. I was charge with a 1324(a)1and2and they trying to charge me with 1327 but my cousin told them I did ave any thing to do with it what so ever nd they still charge me .. If he testify and said that

I didn't have nothing to do with can they charge me .. If when he testify

1. Steven John Topazio

4

Answered . What you believe the evidence to be and what the police believe the evidence to be at times are two different things. That is the reason the police are focusing on you right now. Don't fall into the trap of relying on the so called "I didn't do it defense". That defense never works. If it did work then nobody would ever go to jail. All you would have to do is say "I didn't do it" and you would be acquitted. If you are the focus of a criminal investigation get yourself a criminal defense attorney to advise you.

I do not have sufficient facts to help you with the charge of 1324 that you reference. However, Title 8, U.S.C. ยง 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to aliens. Subsection 1324(a)(1)(i)-(v) prohibits alien smuggling, domestic transportation of unauthorized aliens, concealing or harboring unauthorized aliens, encouraging or inducing unauthorized aliens to enter the United States, and engaging in a conspiracy or aiding and abetting any of the preceding acts. Subsection 1324(a)(2) prohibits bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized aliens to the United States in any manner whatsoever, even at a designated port of entry. Subsection 1324(a)(3)

Don't discuss your case on this web page. Speak with an attorney in confidence about your case..

Attorney Steven J. Topazio
    10 Winthrop Square, Suite 4100
    Boston, MA 02110
    617-422-5803
    Email: stopazio@topaziolaw.com
    Web: www.topaziolaw.com

2. Ilir Kavaja

Answered . Generally speaking, any statements made to police or federal agents may be considered as one part of the total evidence in the grand scheme of things. You may still be charged. If so, it would be wise to talk with a local Federal Criminal Defense Attorney (i.e. a defense attorney licensed in federal court). An attorney may also be able to help you have access to the evidence the government may have against you (discovery). As it has been suggested, it may be in your best interest not to share further information on Avvo.com. An alternative is to speak with an attorney in confidence.

Good Luck,

Law Office of Ilir Kavaja
    30 Newbury Street
    Boston, MA 02116

(617) 515-5545
    www.KavajaLaw.com