If a person who is drunk confess to a crime after 4-5 of interigation and is not guilty how can you fight it

Asked about 1 year ago - Joliet, IL

there were 3 persons involved gun found no ballistics where done 17 kid drunk no toxicology was done no Breathalyzer test done police had description of perp didn't match description but after 4-5 hours of being grilled kid just wanted the interrogation over and con fessed been in person 10 years and other 2 never been tracked down the other 2 where Latino and one drunk afo-american where can me and wife get help for son being railroaded in the system can case be reopened

1. Joshua Sachs

13

Answered . Very unlikely that anything can be accomplished at this late date, and your posting does not suggest that your son had a very strong case to begin with, but if there is any avenue of relief it is probably going to be through a post-conviction petition. Not too many attorneys care to handle those because they are difficult, specialized, and frustrating, but that is where you need to begin, by finding an attorney who is willing to look into it and see whether such a petition has any possibility of success.

2. Melissa I. Smejkal

10

Answered . Hire a post conviction attorney

3. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

6

Answered . I agree hire a post conviction attorney, or at least talk with one. Good luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.
  4. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

4

Answered . I concur with my Avvo colleagues, a review by an experienced post-conviction attorney is good next step.