If a person who asked for the protection of order keeps contacting the respondent, why is there a protection of order in affect.

Warsaw, NY |

Order orotection is in affect and the person that filed keeps contacting the correspondence

1. Be careful. Do not respond. You can be found in willful violation even if the protected party is at fault. Bring this issue up at your next court appearance.

2. Speak with either your criminal defense or family law attorney right away. Obey the order of protection or face a violation and possible jail term.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.