If a person was on parole had it revoked and got 7 years, what does it mean when the parole says discharge?

North Little Rock, AR |

This person has JUST NOW recieved 7 years, why does her parole say discharge?

It is really tough to answer the question with the limited information you have provided. The best thing to do is to speak with an attorney and obviously have them review the paperwork you are quoting from. I know the point you are making is how can this woman catch 7 years of there is a document that says her parole was discharged, but depending on the document, it could mean a lot of things. Show the document to a lawyer who deals with these type of issues and see what they say.

She had been in prison previously received 30 years, but got out after only serving three. Her current drug charges placed her parole revoked and she got sentenced a week ago to 7 years. I have heard that she will only serve probably 1/6 of her sentence. I guess I just don't see how this is fair? A parole is revoked.. I thought you would have to go back and serve the remainder of your sentence? I checked today and it says parole = discharge. Is this because she is BACK in prison?

I agree with Mr. Yurachek. An attorney would need to see the paperwork to which you are referring. There could be something else going on here. In Arkansas, courts are fond of sentencing someone to both incarceration and an additional term of Suspended Imposition of Sentence (SIS). If they get out, they're on parole for the remainder of the incarceration, but they also have that SIS looming over them. So it's possible if she was on SIS in addition to parole, that she could be at the end of her parole time, but still have time to serve. Contact a criminal defense attorney. Most of us will be happy to look at the document and give you a free or very inexpensive consultation and at least answer your questions. Be sure you speak to someone who practices primarily criminal defense, because a lot of general practice lawyers don't know all the ins and outs of parole/probation/SIS and revocation.

No attorney-client relationship is established with this answer. It is not to be considered legal advice, but is merely given to point you in the right direction and give you a general answer as to the law regarding the question you have asked.

Federal crime topics

Recommended articles about Federal crime