If a person violated the Harassment Protection Order by calling my home, does each individual phone call count as a charge?

Weymouth, MA |

If the person called my residence 2 or more times, would each call be counted as a separate charge? The first 2 calls were from their actual phone # (which showed up on our caller ID), then they called back about 10 times after that - but from "Private Number"... Will there be multiple counts?

Also.. If I get my phone records will the "Private Number" be able to be traced?

The police have already been notified, and there is a summons to appear in court to answer to the charge of Violation of 258E. I just wonder how each call is treated in court - if they are all separate charges.

1. If you have a harassment prevention order in place that prevents the person from calling you, you should call the police. A violation of such an order is a criminal offense punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000, or by imprisonment for not more than 2 ½ years, or both, and if convicted must also pay a fine of $25. The court may order that the defendant complete an appropriate treatment program based on the offense and may order the defendant to pay you for all damages, including the cost of getting an unlisted telephone number, and reasonable attorney fees. The reason you have such an order is to prevent against the harassment and each time the order is violated you should call the police. Best of luck.

Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. (It lets us know how we are doing.) Attorney Kremer is licensed to practice in Massachusetts. Please visit her Avvo profile for contact information. In accordance with Avvo guidelines, the following disclaimer applies to all responses given in this forum: The above is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created through the above answer.