If a person is banned from century 21 for 7 yeasrs. Is the information made public?

Brooklyn, NY |

My friend did a criminal search of her name onine just for the fun of it and that information popped up. Is that company allowed to do that? how can she have her information cleared from the web?

People and/or companies can write many things on the internet, especially if it is true. There is certain information that is protected. Century21 may have the right to publish something like this on the internet, but if you consult with an attorney, there are ways for discouraging this type of information.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice

We need to hear more facts. There seems to be something missing here.

Answers to questions posted on the AVVO website as well as content contained on The Sanders Firm, P.C., website is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing in such answers or the content contained on The Sanders Firm, P.C., website is to be considered as either creating an Attorney-Client relationship between the reader and The Sanders Firm, P.C., or as the rendering of legal advice for any specific matter. Readers are responsible for obtaining such legal advice in consultation with a licensed Attorney.

Those online criminal searches are notorious for being phishing scams. They collect information from people who conduct these searches by asking for their personal information or to 'correct' their records. Respondents with criminal records or who believe have criminal records then provide their personal information to the online 'search company' which then in turn, makes this information available to the general public -- sometimes for a fee. I would be highly skeptical of your friend's criminal search results and even more skeptical of any free non-government website that purports to provide anyone's criminal background.

A cursory google search of an online Century 21 'criminal' database revealed nothing for me.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights