If a person has done an act that has not endangered a child, but depicts and action that could have, can they be charged?

Asked 9 months ago - Eatontown, NJ

Example of such act. There is a picture that I found posted on Facebook, of a girl holding a baby in one arm, while she is pointing a pistol at the face of the baby with her other. While you can't tell if the gun is real, you can tell that the safety is on, but her trigger finger IS on the trigger. Other then just put bad taste, what is anything could she be charged with? I know that with out knowing all the facts, she could be charged with endangering the child's welfare that could be dropped if the fact were that the gun as fake like a model or something, so what if anything could she be charged with that likely would hold up in court? Thanks! PS - Unknown the location of the incident, so the location ask by this site indicted only mine, not that of where the picture came from.

1. Peter Joseph Lamont

Pro

1

Answered . It is possible. You may want to bring the image to the attention of Facebook.