If a person goes to trial for assault for assault second and criminal possesion of a weapon in the fourth, and has a hung jury

Asked almost 3 years ago - Middletown, NY

and they offer the person a one and a third to three years instead of going back to trial, what could happen if the person never showed up to court to accept the plea bargain or go back to trial? what could happen???

1. Daniel Adam Hochheiser

Answered . A warrant will be issued for your arrest and assuming the court warned you of the consequences of not showing up for your re-trial, the re-trial could proceed in your absence. Not returning to court is a very bad idea.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . A bench warrant would be issued on the case and the person could also be charged with bail jumping, which gnerally requires consecutive time.

3. Richard C. Southard

Pro

Answered . A warrant will be issued for their arrest. The plea bargain will likely be taken away and they could face consecutive jail time for bail jumping charges even if no bail was posted.