If a parent has drugs in there system in the state of fl can dcf take the child away?

i have two kids with a guy who does drugs i want to see if i take him to court what my chance of get full custody. i also filed and got him remove from the home. BATTERY (TOUCH OR STRIKE) was put on him.

Cape Coral, FL -

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Family Law Attorney - Winter Park, FL

What they do and what they can do are two different things. First, you don't have to take a drug test unless there is a court order. Second, if they think drugs are causing a problem, they have to show how that affects the child. The battery is a whole different issue. Be aware that they will threaten to take your kids to make you agree to things you don't have to agree to. When in doubt, tell them you will talk to your lawyer before you make a decision and then GET ONE who has experience with DCF.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Family Law Attorney - Winter Park, FL