Skip to main content

If a man is not married to the mother of his child but he is paying support, what are his legal rights to visitation?

Tacoma, WA |

The mother is using visitation as a power weapon and causing untold distress. The child is now 21 months old.

Attorney Answers 1


You have no rights to parenting time because you have no parenting plan. If you want parenting time (visitation), you will have to petition the court for a parenting plan. Paying child support is not related to the parenting plan, in that, paying child support does not give you rights to visitation. You need a court order. She is able to dictate when you see the child because you have not pursued your legal rights. You need to do so ASAP!

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics