If a lender was unable to produce original docs can there be anything done after the property has been foreclosed on

Asked over 1 year ago - Portland, OR

bank was unable to produce the original docs from the loan the property was eventually foreclosed on but the 180 date of resent ion has not passed can anything be done?

1. J Christopher Minor

1

Answered . Yes, you do need to see an attorney and what can be done will depend on the type of foreclosure and the situation.

My guess is that if you didn't pay when you should have you are not going to get to keep the house without paying. You may be able to overturn the foreclosure and perhaps get some relief on the obligation, but in the long run I think you are going to have to do some paying if you want to keep the house.

2. Sean Patrick Lewis

2

Answered . Contact a real estate attorney immediately. there were some lawsuits and settlements regarding major banks on this very issue recently. Perhaps your situation involves one of those banks.

3. Ryan Vancil Esq

Answered . Possibly, although is certainly would have been better for your situation to have raised this before the foreclosure. If you intend to pursue this do not let more time pass. Hire an attorney now and proceed.