If a lender was unable to produce original docs can there be anything done after the property has been foreclosed on

Asked over 1 year ago - Portland, OR

bank was unable to produce the original docs from the loan the property was eventually foreclosed on but the 180 date of resent ion has not passed can anything be done?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Christopher Minor

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes, you do need to see an attorney and what can be done will depend on the type of foreclosure and the situation.

    My guess is that if you didn't pay when you should have you are not going to get to keep the house without paying. You may be able to overturn the foreclosure and perhaps get some relief on the obligation, but in the long run I think you are going to have to do some paying if you want to keep the house.

    This comment is general in nature and is not intended as legal advice. It does not create an attorney client... more
  2. Sean Patrick Lewis

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact a real estate attorney immediately. there were some lawsuits and settlements regarding major banks on this very issue recently. Perhaps your situation involves one of those banks.

    The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney... more
  3. Ryan Vancil Esq

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Possibly, although is certainly would have been better for your situation to have raised this before the foreclosure. If you intend to pursue this do not let more time pass. Hire an attorney now and proceed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,789 answers this week

3,175 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,789 answers this week

3,175 attorneys answering