If a Juvenile is accused of sexual abuse and or molestation of a child. What can or will happen to the Juvenile?

Asked about 1 year ago - Hoquiam, WA

A 15 year old had my 3 year old but 2 at the time, go down on him and my son called it peeing in his mouth. There are a couple more incidents that have happened also. But I would just like to know if anything is actually going to happen to the offender. Because he definitely needs some kind of punishment and a lot of counseling.

1. Natalie Lynn Durflinger

2

Answered . Prosecutors take these case very seriously whether the offender is an adult or a juvenile. Incarceration as well as registration requirements as a sex offender are very real possibilities. It is quite possible that the offender was a victim himself which is often the case when kids molest other kids. It is likely there will be some kind of treatment component as well. I would advise contacting the prosecutor who is handling the case. Often prosecutors will discuss possible plea options with the victim prior to resolving the case.

2. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

1

Answered . It sounds like you are father of the victim. This is a terrible thing that has happened and these charges are very very serious for juveniles and adults. Yes there is a stronger emphasis on rehabilitation with a juvenile offender but there is punishment. Don't post any more on the internet about this . Talk to the prosecutor. I am very sorry for your situation.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . Best not to post any more facts. These cases are serious, even for juveniles. Hire a criminal defense lawyer quickly.