Skip to main content

If a Juvenile is accused of sexual abuse and or molestation of a child. What can or will happen to the Juvenile?

Hoquiam, WA |

A 15 year old had my 3 year old but 2 at the time, go down on him and my son called it peeing in his mouth. There are a couple more incidents that have happened also. But I would just like to know if anything is actually going to happen to the offender. Because he definitely needs some kind of punishment and a lot of counseling.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Best not to post any more facts. These cases are serious, even for juveniles. Hire a criminal defense lawyer quickly.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


It sounds like you are father of the victim. This is a terrible thing that has happened and these charges are very very serious for juveniles and adults. Yes there is a stronger emphasis on rehabilitation with a juvenile offender but there is punishment. Don't post any more on the internet about this . Talk to the prosecutor. I am very sorry for your situation.


Prosecutors take these case very seriously whether the offender is an adult or a juvenile. Incarceration as well as registration requirements as a sex offender are very real possibilities. It is quite possible that the offender was a victim himself which is often the case when kids molest other kids. It is likely there will be some kind of treatment component as well. I would advise contacting the prosecutor who is handling the case. Often prosecutors will discuss possible plea options with the victim prior to resolving the case.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer