If a judge in AL awards me a judgment for unpaid money,

Asked over 1 year ago - Pensacola, FL

can I get it enforced in FL? What are the ways this can be done?

This is money owed from non payment of alimony, but I do not want to domesticate my divorce to Florida. Can I collect money without doing that?

1. George John Dezenberg Jr.

Pro

Answered . You can have the Alabama Court issue a garnishment against your ex-husband's wages. If the employer has a business interest or presence in Alabama they will honor the garnishment and some employers honor foreign garnishments for support. If the employer will not honor the garnishment you may have to domesticate the judgment. You should be able to domesticate the JUDGMENT not the whole divorce.