If a judge has issued 2 post-judgment orders to continue paying child support, and my ex-husband has not paid, what should I do?

Asked about 4 years ago - Keansburg, NJ

Twice now my ex-husband has been ordered to continue paying child support, and currently owes 6 weeks of payments, totalling $1314. He has not complied. Do I file a motion to have the judge turn this over to the probate department? What should I do to get him to pay. He also owes $304 in medical expenses, also unpaid.

1. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

Answered . You may seek to file another motion and you have every right to have child support payments made through the probation department.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.