If a judge gave me until the 14th to complete my community service and pay my fines, how can my probation officer tell me it has

Asked 10 months ago - Savannah, GA

to be done by the 13th? The court order from the judge says I have until the 14th to complete my community service and pay my fines or I go to jail on the 15, but my po told me that I have to have it done by the 13th, or go to jail on the 15th how can she over ride what the judge said I need the extra day the judge gave me to do the last 8 hours of my 196 hour sentence,

1. Mark J. Issa

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . The court's ORDER is the most important instruction in a case. Obviously you do not want your probation officer to ruin your day by placing a warrant for your arrest in anticipation of the hearing but contact your attorney (from the case) and clarify the Courts Order as well as advise them what the probation officer is telling you. This sounds like a probation officer's attempt to make sure you resolve the community service in advance of your due date.

2. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

2

1

Answered . The judge's order is controlling, and you need to point this out to your probation officer. However, if you can get everything done by the 13th I would just to get it all wrapped up, and not have to deal with your probation officer.

3. Lindsey Jordan Share

Answered . The wording of the order is incredibly important. Try to get as much done as you can by the 13th. Have the community service already scheduled for the 14th if you cant't get it all done by the 13th. Talk with your attorney to see if you can get the deadline extended a day, if need be. Maybe this is your PO's way of telling you not to wait til the last minute. All you can do is try to get the community service done as early as possible.