If a judge gave me until the 14th to complete my community service and pay my fines, how can my probation officer tell me it has

Savannah, GA |

to be done by the 13th? The court order from the judge says I have until the 14th to complete my community service and pay my fines or I go to jail on the 15, but my po told me that I have to have it done by the 13th, or go to jail on the 15th how can she over ride what the judge said I need the extra day the judge gave me to do the last 8 hours of my 196 hour sentence,

The court's ORDER is the most important instruction in a case. Obviously you do not want your probation officer to ruin your day by placing a warrant for your arrest in anticipation of the hearing but contact your attorney (from the case) and clarify the Courts Order as well as advise them what the probation officer is telling you. This sounds like a probation officer's attempt to make sure you resolve the community service in advance of your due date.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the State of Georgia.

She is acting like the 14th is 1201 midnight on the 13th i have spoken to her several times and she will not allow me to have the full day of the 14th like the judge has given me, I am really upset because I have a child that I have no one to take care of I just dont think shes right but I am running out of time

The judge's order is controlling, and you need to point this out to your probation officer. However, if you can get everything done by the 13th I would just to get it all wrapped up, and not have to deal with your probation officer.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

The wording of the order is incredibly important. Try to get as much done as you can by the 13th. Have the community service already scheduled for the 14th if you cant't get it all done by the 13th. Talk with your attorney to see if you can get the deadline extended a day, if need be. Maybe this is your PO's way of telling you not to wait til the last minute. All you can do is try to get the community service done as early as possible.