If a judge does not follow due process in hearing a case, can you void his judgement? If so, what is required to do so?

This is regarding a small claims appeal. The judge was supposed to hear the trail as if it were a new trial, but did not. He only heard the defendant's side.

San Francisco, CA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

Litigation Lawyer - San Diego, CA

Not much can be done if you're the plaintiff. You could challenge the law or try to disqualify the judge but that's about it.

This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation.... more
Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Litigation Lawyer - Montclair, CA

There is no further avenue for review of a small claims appeal - by either party.

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.