If a judge does not follow due process in hearing a case, can you void his judgement? If so, what is required to do so?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

This is regarding a small claims appeal. The judge was supposed to hear the trail as if it were a new trial, but did not. He only heard the defendant's side.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Not much can be done if you're the plaintiff. You could challenge the law or try to disqualify the judge but that's about it.

    This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation.... more
  2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . There is no further avenue for review of a small claims appeal - by either party.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,974 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,974 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering