If a informant participates in a transaction, then the DA drop that count. Does this make the C/I a finger pointer in the case?

Asked 8 months ago - Tustin, CA

Is there any case law that supports "When a confidential informant participates in a controlled buy and the defendant is charged, then the D.A. drops that charge, that turns the informant from a participant to a "mere finger pointer" in the case?"

1. Angela M Berry-Jacoby

3

Answered . I'm not too sure what you're asking. I understood it to read that the charge that involved the informant was dismissed against you. Or are you saying the charge against the informant was dismissed, but that he/she is a witness against you? If the latter, i don't know what you mean by a finger pointer. That person certainly could testify against you, but your attorney would also be entitled to cross-examine him/her with respect to what deals/agreements were executed in exchange for testimony against you.

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

Answered . Your question is somewhat confusing as to who is being charged and what assurances you were given by the the police or DA. Ms. Berry-Jacoby has responded as best as possible with the facts stated.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY