If a holdover proceeding was settled would it show on credit report?

New York, NY |

If my landlord sues to evict me and a settlement was reached to vacate the apartment in 60 days, would this show up on my credit report? Or only judgements by the housing court would show up?

Our lease ended; the holdover proceeding is not due to nonpayment.

Dear would the holdover proceeding show up on credit report?

That is not likely, but impossible to rule out. The New York Court system had a business practice of selling access to court records in landlord and tenant matters without any restriction as to type of case, outcome in favor of tenant or discontinuance or dismissal of case. That practice recently changed.

Read more at:

and at:

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.

It is unlikely that it will show up on your credit report, however, it is not impossible.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant