If a guy made me have sex with him because he said if i don't he will throw me out of the apartment that

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

i stayed night that into the street with him in is this some type of date rape or sexual assault abuse claim

1. Joshua Richmond Lippes

Answered . I agree with my colleague, more facts are needed to assess the claims. However, it sounds potentially criminal to me. You should contact the police to seek criminal charges or a sexual harassment attorney to seek monetary damages. Most attorneys do not charge anything for an initial consultation.

2. Marco Caviglia

Answered . No. If you agreed to have the sexual contact you agreed, unless there was the specific type of coercion via force stated in the statute. Seller's remorse does not make the act criminal.

3. Stephen Charles Cooper

Answered . You could have said no and left. If so, it is not rape. Perhaps the fact that you received consideration for a sexual act is a criminal offense. My advice, choose better.

4. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

1

Answered . Without more information it is not possible to give an opinion about this. The best advice would be to set an appointment with an attorney who specializes in employment law and sexual harassment cases. Then after a thorough review of all of the facts, they can give you an opinion as to whether you have a viable claim, and what procedural steps you should take. Most attorneys handle these cases on a contingency percentage fee, taking a percentage of the recovery. There are no hourly fees and most attorneys do not charge anything for an initial appointment to discuss your case.