If a Guardian ad Litem sent me a letter that I'm required to...

Denver, CO |

If a Guardian ad Litem sent me a letter stating that I'm "required" to show up for a 2 day court hearing that is signed by the town clerk, am I required to go?
I was told by a few people that a subpoena is required for me to need to be there, not a clerk/recorder signed letter from the GAL requiring me to go.
I'd appreciate some professional advice on this please.
Thank you in advance.

1. The answer to your question depends on information that you have not provided. What sort of hearing? Are you a party to the case? Are you a witness? Did you receive the "letter" in the mail or was it personally served? You should sit down with an attorney to determine what is going on and what your responsibilities are.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or info@Harkess-Salter.com. Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

2. There is not much more to add to Mr. Harkess's response. If you cannot determine from the document you mention what you must do, an attorney will need to see the document and advise you properly.

3. I concur with Mr. Harkness and Mr. Littman. Sounds like an important matter since a GAL has been appointed. Best to know what your obligations and rights are before this hearing date. I would urge you to speak with an attorney.