If a foreclosure is put on hold does that mean the foreclosure is not taking place?

Cicero, IL |

The property I live in show's it is in foreclosure. I called the Chancery department and there was a court date for last week i called back to check the status and they told me the case was put on hold what does that mean? When I look it up on the Cook County Clerk of the Court it show's STRIKE FROM CASE MANAGEMENT CALL - ALLOWED. What does that mean? Does it mean the foreclosure is not going to happen?

1. No. "On hold" is a temporary suspension and a foreclosure may still proceed at a future date. Chicago is troubled with the large inventory of foreclosed homes that can't be sold and the volume is too much to handle at times. In Chicago's Chancery Division there is a Chancery advice desk where information might be obtained on the process.

Also, Illinois Legal Aid Online has helpful articles on the topic.

illinoislegalaid.org

The information provided here should not be construed to be formal legal advice. The provision of this general advice does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Persons with legal questions are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice regarding their individual legal issues.