If a father pays attorney's fees for his son to work with an attorney on a "start-up" business is the father also a client?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

I am trying to figure another question for my class, but this one is bugging me and I can't seem to find a definitive answer. If a parent is paying the attorney fees, even though he is only supposedly helping his child get a good start in the world, is he still a client. If he is then he has a right to know everything being discussed between his son and the attorney, correct?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

1

Answered . No. Your father is not a client as that term is recognized under the Rules of Professional Conduct and the attorney must keep all information he has regarding your legal matters confidential.

There is no debate on this.

2. Edgar J. Reynoso

Pro

1

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Avvo is not a homework helper site.