Skip to main content

If a Family Court granted a dissolution of marriage and it was fount that it erred in Judgment are all orders unenforceable.

Kansas City, MO |

Lady I lived with for 7 years petitioned court for a divorce even though she knew I was legally married to someone else. I was not present at the divorce proceeding. The Lady withheld information from the Court that she knew my wife personally so they gave her the divorce. Of course she didn't tell them that, I was married to someone else. In addition to that the Court should have known that I was married because another State and my wife filed a child support petition against me, (which I won) vial TitleIVInterstate Petition. So I'm asking 1. If I could prove that ,should I be able to have the divorce ruled null and void and, 2. would the child support orders resulting from the divorce order also be null and void and would all orders resulting from that action be unenforceable?

Attorney Answers 1


Civil Rule 60 generally controls when a judgment of a court can be attacked. If this happened a year of less in the past, your options are greater. Even if it has been more than a year, if you can prove fraud or misrepresentation you may be able to get the relief you are looking for. I would suggest sitting down with an experienced family law attorney, and working out a plan to achieve your goals. This page does not constitute legal advice. These pages do not constitute, nor do they create, an attorney-client relationship between Attorney Frank L. LaBare and/or Maple Valley Legal Services and any receiver. This site is governed by a Site Use Agreement that you accept by reviewing these pages. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with an attorney. If you send any confidential information to Attorney Frank L. LaBare and/or Maple Valley Legal Services and you are not a client of Attorney Frank L. LaBare and/or Maple Valley Legal Services , the information shall lose its confidential status. Furthermore, if the unsolicited information you send to our Law Office, and is beneficial to our clients and adverse to you, the information you provide may be used even if it is contrary to your interests

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics