If a Family Court granted a dissolution of marriage and it was fount that it erred in Judgment are all orders unenforceable.

Asked over 1 year ago - Kansas City, MO

Lady I lived with for 7 years petitioned court for a divorce even though she knew I was legally married to someone else. I was not present at the divorce proceeding. The Lady withheld information from the Court that she knew my wife personally so they gave her the divorce. Of course she didn't tell them that, I was married to someone else. In addition to that the Court should have known that I was married because another State and my wife filed a child support petition against me, (which I won) vial TitleIVInterstate Petition. So I'm asking 1. If I could prove that ,should I be able to have the divorce ruled null and void and, 2. would the child support orders resulting from the divorce order also be null and void and would all orders resulting from that action be unenforceable?

1. Frank L. LaBare

Answered . Civil Rule 60 generally controls when a judgment of a court can be attacked. If this happened a year of less in the past, your options are greater. Even if it has been more than a year, if you can prove fraud or misrepresentation you may be able to get the relief you are looking for. I would suggest sitting down with an experienced family law attorney, and working out a plan to achieve your goals.