If a DUI is amended to RECKLESS DRIVING, does my record show a DUI conviction

Asked about 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

I had a D U I in Las Vegas and after completing all court ordered requirements it was reduced to RECKLESS DRIVING. I am getting ready to apply for a concealed weapons permit but one cannot be issued if you were convicted of a DUI within the last five years. Since it was amended to reckless driving will this affect my obtaining the permit.

1. William Berry Palmer

6

1

Answered . If a DUI conviction is amended to reckless driving then it show a reckless driving conviction and not a DUI conviction. Thus it should not affect your ability to obtain a ccw.

2. Daniel R. Page

2

Answered . Your SCOPE (Shared Computer Operations for Protection and Enforcement), or criminal history will show an arrest for DUI, but will also have an entry for the amended charge of reckless driving. As far as your motor vehicle report is concerned, you will have an entry for reckless driving - an 8 point violation. Ask the DMV if you can do traffic school through them to reduce the points down to 4, that way you don't get raked over the coals when your insurance policy renews.

3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

2

Answered . No. It will not.

4. Lawrence A. Newman

2

Answered . You started with a DUI (as charged)

but finished (sentenced) to a reckless offense
    then the Reckless was pled and sentenced
    NOT the DUI