If a dr. refuses you medication can you sue for negligence or what?

Asked over 4 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

needed meds. all the dr.had to do was verify by calling the pharmacy,dr.refused.

Additional information

was treated rudily by his receptionst,threatened,cursed,& derogatory commits made about my mother.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Gust G Sarris

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I would find a new doctor. Anytime you pay someone for services and they don't perform it is always much cheaper and makes more sense to find a new service provider. However, to answer your question - yes - but most attorneys would take at least a $1,500 retainer for this type case. It would also involve the doctor discussing your diagnosis, drugs requested, etc. I would highly suggest finding a new doctor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,601 answers this week

3,296 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,601 answers this week

3,296 attorneys answering