If a defense attorney keeps repeatedly making remarks in her documents to get my case dismissed like

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

my pleading are incoherent, rambling, doesn't meet bare standards. can i sue for slander or harassment? what if she gets my case dismissed by making these claims what can i do?

this is a civil claim, defense in my opinion just seeking to find fault to get my case dismissed

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

1

Answered . No. Statements in court filings generally are absolutley immune from suit.

2. Edwin Drantivy

Pro

3

1

Answered . Unfortunately there is not much that you can do if these statements are made during the course of a legal proceeding. You can ask the Judge/magistrate to demand that counsel be polite and respectful toward you.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Representing yourself in court is not easy. Consult with an attorney to help you. You are responsible to follow the rules of the court. If the defense lawyer gets the case dismissed, then he is doing his job. You can not do anything about an attorney doing his job other than get your own lawyer.

4. Inga L Stevens

3

Answered . Actually, without knowing more, it sounds like she is doing her job. If the judge dismisses your case based on what she alleges is wrong with your pleadings, then what she alleges is true. The best way to protect yourself is to hire a lawyer, so everything is done properly.

5. John J. Carney

Pro

1

Answered . There is nothing you can do as the lawyers remarks are proper. You should not be representing yourself.