IF a Default judgement is granted in the state of Texas can they go after you checking and savings accounts?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I know that they can't garnish my wages and that this is not a federal debt so not much that they can do unless I sell my house in which I believe that they can get their money out of whatever money I get out of the house correct? Or if I am given some sort of inheritance I believe that they can get their money out of that but I am not sure. Please respond, This is a Credit Card debt.

1. Hershel Robert Chapin

1

Answered . Consumer credit card creditors can garnish your checking and savings accounts if they have a valid default judgment. All they really need to know is where you bank.

2. Susanne Ruiz Rodriguez

1

Answered . Sounds like you need a knowledgeable consumer law attorney in your area. In my state, Washington, a judgment creditor can garnish wages, levy bank accounts, put a lien on your house, and force the sale of assets. Texas law may be different, but you definitely need good legal advice to know what's at risk.

3. Diane L Gruber

Pro

Answered . Ms. Rodriguez's advice is sound. Oregon is the same, but don't know about Texas.