If a decedent had a living revocable trust, then died, and a few days before they died, a relative got ahold of the trust, then

Asked 9 months ago - Albany, CA

that relative didn't show it to other family members until over a month after the decedent's death, were they breaking any laws for the time that they kept the trust to themselves? Seems like fraudulent concealment to me, but maybe not...

1. Celia R Reed

4

Best Answer

Answered . They didn't break any laws. This is not the same thing as saying they acted properly.

2. Charles Adam Shultz

4

Answered . What were the damages? Yes, they should not have done that, but did those actions cause any tangible harm?

3. Donna R Blaustein

3

Answered . I do not think there is any action for fraudulent concealment. If the relative is the trustee you will want to be certain he acts properly in administering the trust and may want to retain an attorney to represent your interests.