If a company has camera and accuse you of steal and it don't show that you was steal what can you do.

Asked about 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

the employer told another employee that I was fried and I did not get anything in writing what can I do.

1. Alexander Patton Montgomery

Answered . The default rule in Ohio is that every employment relationship is "at-will." This means an employer may terminate an employee at any time, with or without notice, for any reason as long as that reason is not unlawful. An unlawful reason would include termination due to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, etc. An employee, in turn, may leave his or her employment at any time, with or without prior notice to the employer.

Unless you had an employment contract, your employment was probably "at-will." Therefore, your employer could fire you at any time, whether you actually stole something or not. Further, termination based on a suspicion of stealing does not appear to be a basis for unlawful termination because, from the very brief facts presented, it does not seem to be based upon any of the above factors.

If you feel you have been wrongfully discriminated against due to one of the factors listed above, you should contact an employment attorney. If not, however, it appears your termination was legal.

Alexander Montgomery
    Cornetet, Meyer, Rush & Kirzner
    www.cmrklaw.com