If a commitment record is issued for a friend how can I find out what the sentence was?

Asked over 2 years ago - Frederick, MD

My friend had a pre trial hearing today but never came back from court. I looked up his case and it said commitment record issued. My understanding is that means he probably took a plea bargain and went to jail. I want to find out how long his sentence is?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Abraham Fernando Carpio-Gonzalez

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . The online database at Maryland Case Search should provide the sentence given, if one was issued. It may take a day or two to show up, however. If you need help, you can call Records Office at the COunty Correctional facility where the case was handled and they can provide you with sentencing information as well.

  2. William Lawrence Welch III

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Go to the clerk's office and ask for a copy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,737 answers this week

3,115 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,737 answers this week

3,115 attorneys answering