If a civil lawsuit is filed against me that I think I may lose, what happens if I just take the cash out of the bank ?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

If a civil lawsuit is filed against me that I think I may lose, what happens if I just take the cash out of the bank to prevent seizure ? Is this legal ?

The overall issue should involve a consultation with an attorney. How much is the debt? Do you have other debts? How much is in the bank? You might have to account for funds you take out from the bank, but of course you do not want a garnishment.

The questions and answers posted on AVVO are for general information and should not be treated as legal advice or establishing an attorney-client relationship.

2. The creditor will most likely find other ways to collect. Tax refund, cars, wages etc

3. You will be subject to the Fraudulent Transfer Act that may void any transfers that are designed solely to frustrate your creditors. Contact an Asset Protection attorney immediately.

Sued for debt topics