Skip to main content

If a child is not biologically mine can i have name changed?

Harrisburg, PA |

I am divorced, and if the child that i had with my ex wife turns out not to be biologically mine due to infedelaty that was in our marriage, can i have the childs last name changed back to her maiden name? and how?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can amend the birth certificate if both parties agree and sign the appropriate corrections form. Otherwise, you could petition for a name change. Mother would have to be given notice of the petition and would have the opportunity to object.

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer