If a car is parked in a parking lot but not in a parking space and another car backs into it , who is at fault?

Spokane, WA |

Parking lot was full, so a car parked on the outskirts of the lot. A leaving car backed into it ,Who's at fault?

Usually the vehicle that is moving is the one at fault. The vehicle parked in a lane of travel will be subject to the defense of contributory negligence. Let the insurance handle the claim.
Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

There's a statute under Motor Vehicles that says a car moving in reverse always has to yield to other cars. Presumably that'd include parked cars. There is an argument to be made that the rules of the road don't apply in parking lots, but honestly I've seen that go either way. Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.

Typically, the car moving