If a biolodgical father agrees to terminate his rights can he still be obligated to pay child support?

Asked almost 5 years ago - San Antonio, TX

My ex has not been in my sons life financially of emotionally for 4 years, but i just got married and my husband wants to adopt him. Can we take my ex to court for the past 4 years of not paying child support?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Patricia Faye Bushman

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . If your new husband is interested in adopting your son, the two of you need to go talk to a good family law attorney who handles step-parent adoptions. Situations vary, Good luck.

    For educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship was created by this email.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,952 answers this week

2,768 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,952 answers this week

2,768 attorneys answering