If a bank sells your mortgage to a private lender, can they change the terms of the loan?

Elmhurst, NY |

if I get a mortgage audit on private lender and there are violations, even though they claim not to do modifications, will it help me work out a new payment plan?

If your loan is sold the terms can not change. The note controls the terms of payment and can only be changed by consent of all parties and in writing

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.

Generally speaking, a mortgage audit is a complete waste of money unless performed and utilized by an attorney in a legal proceeding (i.e. foreclosure action). Just to be clear, regardless of what violations the audit claims, 99% of the time the audit itself will not help one bit to achieve a modification.

Further, it is illegal for any company (i.e. the audit company) to charge you any fees up front for a mortgage audit, unless you were NOT delinquent on the mortgage when you ordered the audit.

You should definitely contact and/or retain an attorney with respect to this matter. Should you have any further questions, comments or concerns; feel free to follow up with my office at anytime.

No they cannot.

Recommended articles about Real estate