If a 9.0 Earthquake hits california and the DA office is crumbled would my charges be dropped?

Rosemead, CA |

Just wondering.

Not unless the flying spaghetti monster ate the files. Just kidding. To answer your question, unlikely. All the DA would have to do is transfer files to another office and continue with proceedings as planned. Would it be a pain? Definitely! Would it stop them from continuing to prosecute you? Doubtful. Especially since, even if DA lost files, Court would still have a copy of the important documents.

Any information provided through Avvo.com in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

Thank you so much for making me smile.
Probably not, but they sure would be busy picking up the pieces and would probably have to prioritize their limited resources.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Most files are backed up either online or some sort of electronic storage. The police reports for example would be at the police department as well. So no....not getting the charges dropped by this scenario.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

No.

Of course, every DUI case is different and you should consult an experienced DUI defense attorney in your area with questions regarding your specific case. It is always in your best interest to have a good DUI attorney represent you when you have been arrested for a DUI.

Creative defense strategy!

Why would they? I am sure the DA's office has backups and could still try the case. In any event, a 9.0 has not hit, which makes your question irrelevant to your case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I hope if a 9.0 quake hits your biggest concern is your pending DUI. More importantly, if you have the power to cause such a quake, you should not be revealing that on the internet because Big Brother is going to find you.

Any comments offered are not intended as legal advice. This attorney does not know the specifics of the particular case sufficiently to offer legal advice. You should hire a lawyer who can evaluate the details of your specific situation before offering advice.