If a, person is serving a consective sentence what are the guidelines to help change it be ran concurrent

Asked 7 months ago - Jackson, MS

The charges are manslaughter and child neglect

1. Valerie Floyd Portner

Pro

4

Answered . The sentencing judge made this consecutive.I assume you are past the time to file a motion to modify?Not aware of anything else you can file if that is the case.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . Whether a sentence runs concurrent or consecutive is determined by the sentencing judge (unless otherwise required by law to run consecutive)

3. Jeffrey J. Padgett

Pro

Answered . You have to ask for a change with the judge that issued the sentence. You only have a small window of opportunity to do so.

4. Stephen F Wallace

1

Answered . If the sentences have already been assigned, you are not in a great position to petition one of the courts to run their sentence concurrent. Federally speaking, there is a 2255 petition and the direct appeal to address this.