If 5 people are charged with conspiracy to manuf. meth can 1 be sentenced for consp & 4 on drug posetion?

Johnson City, TN |

1. 5 people charged with conpsiracy to manufacture 50 but less than 150 grams of meth. 2. 4 conspirators charges reduced to possetion

The short answer is yes. Sounds if the DA has cut a deal with the co-conspirators for testimony or some other reason. Whoever this is they need an attorney ASAP if they don't have one. Meth charges carry some serious jail time. Wish them luck.

"Nothing in this communication is meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf unless you have have hired me and entered into a written retainer agreement. I am only licensed in Tennessee and I suggest contacting an attorney in your specific city and state as soon as possible to avoid any statute of limitations deadlines, if applicable."

Yes. It is not uncommon for a DA to reduce the charge of a person.

This communication does not create an attorney/client relationship. My answers are intended for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf without a written retainer agreement. I am licensed only in Tennessee. Therefore, if you are outside the state of Tennessee, it is recommended that you consult an attorney in your jurisdiction.

Yes they can and often do to assure the codefendants will testify against the "ring-leader."

Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.