If, in a ca probate case a judgement per Code of Civil Procedure Section 664.6 is granted, wh happ. to rem. benef. of estate ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fairfield, CA

san francisco probate court case in court for over 3 1/2 yrs.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The other attorneys are correct. Obtain a copy of the settlement and go over it with an attorney to determine any rights you may have.

  2. 2

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . It depends on the terms of the stipulated judgment. You need to obtain a copy of the judgment to see what was decided.

    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . 664.6 is used in settlements for the court to retain jurisdiction to enforce the settlement. You need to see what the settlement agreement says. There is no way to speculate if the agreement favored one party or the other or what interests are affected.

    The general advice above does not constitute an attorney-client relationship: you haven't hired me or my firm or... more

Related Topics

Estate administration

Estate administration is the process of finalizing a deceased person's estate. It involves gathering assets, paying debts and distributing remaining assets.

Probate assets

Probate assets are owned solely by the deceased and do not have any survivorship feature (like a beneficiary designation) for automatic transfer of ownership.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,865 answers this week

3,629 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,865 answers this week

3,629 attorneys answering