ICE Inmate locator

Tampa, FL |

The facility where the detainee was being held said that he was moved more than 2 days ago to another location and the person I spoke to did not provide me with the new locations name. The Online locator still has the old location as his current one. How can I get the new facility's name so I can get into contact with the detainee?

Unfortunately, the updates are very slow. A call from the detainee is the best way to locate again.

It usually takes at least 24 hours and sometimes up to a week for the online system to be updated. If you are not immediate family or the attorney of record, the ICE Officer will not release any information to you.

You can wait for the detainee to call you. Otherwise, if an attorney sends in a G-28 form indicating that he is the detainee's attorney, then he should be able to get more detailed information from ICE.

Randeep S. Hira, Esq.
Hira Law PLLC
P: 713-966-0630
E: rhira@hiralaw.com

You can try each individual detention facility for an inmate search. Start with all the ICE detention facilities in the state, then depending on where the detainee is from, you may try detention facilities in Texas as well. You need the full name, date of birth, country of original and alien number if you have it. You should note there is a new detainee transfer policy in effect. Once a G-28 is filed by an attorney, ICE is supposed to "try" to keep the detainee in that jurisdiction. Where the detainee goes also often depends on whether male or female and what they were picked up for (i.e., felony, drugs, domestic violence, driving without a license, straight overstay). Good luck!