ICE HOLD BUT IF THERE IS NO BOND, THEN WHAT I HAVE TO DO? WHAT IS THE BEST WAY I CAN DO NOW?

My boyfriend is just hold for an ICE and he doesn't have bail bond amount. I know the first thing I have to do is the hire the attorney to protect from removal, but I am just wondering that if there is any other way he can pay the bail bond and get out from the immigration detention until his criminal case is over? I do not want to let him stay there for unsured time. If I hire the immigration lawyer, can he or she make him get out from the immigration detention center with bail money? I would like to know the specific answer, so I can hire the immigration lawyer right away.....

Duluth, GA -

Julio Enrique Moreno

Julio Enrique Moreno

Immigration Attorney - Atlanta, GA

I agree with the previous answers. An immigration attorney in Georgia will be able to give you more insight on the likelihood of bond being granted based on all of the facts surrouding your boyfriend's case. Go ahead and gather supporting documents such as birth certificates for your boyfriend and any children, evidence of physical presence in the U.S. and copies of criminal dispositions. This will help the attorney when reviewing the case. Good luck!

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Hire an immigration attorney with substantial experience with deportation cases.

Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Immigration Attorney - Worcester, MA

He needs retain an immigration lawyer to file a motion for bond hearing before an immigration judge. Whether or not he will be released on bond will depend on the reason for his detention and the discretion of the immigration judge.

Related Advice