Ice calls to meetup after adjustment of status has been filed for F1 being Out of status. is it a good idea to postpone meeting?

is it a good Idea to postpon meeting with ICE until the greencard is granted? what should someone normally expect from meeting like this? what are the chances they will proceed with a case even after knowing that change of status has been filed?

Arlington, TX -

Karen-Lee Pollak

Karen-Lee Pollak

Immigration Attorney - Dallas, TX

I strongly recommend tyou retain an immigration attorney to assist you and to obtain as much information as possible prior to meeting with ICE.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer immediately to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

Sergey Basyuk

Sergey Basyuk

Immigration Attorney - Washington, DC

I second what the other attorneys have said - you need a lawyer in this matter.

During a meeting like this, it is hard to predict what ICE will do. ICE has the power to detain an individual and/or begin removal proceedings. If it begins removal proceedings, you might have to apply for adjustment of status before an immigration judge. Please note that ICE is likely to begin removal proceedings even if application for adjustment of status has already been filed.

Best regards,

Sergey Basyuk
www.bklawllp.com

Related Advice