Ice calls to meetup after adjustment of status has been filed for F1 being Out of status. is it a good idea to postpone meeting?

Asked over 2 years ago - Arlington, TX

is it a good Idea to postpon meeting with ICE until the greencard is granted? what should someone normally expect from meeting like this? what are the chances they will proceed with a case even after knowing that change of status has been filed?

Additional information

Adjestment of status filed through spouce (US Citizen)

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I strongly recommend tyou retain an immigration attorney to assist you and to obtain as much information as possible prior to meeting with ICE.

  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer immediately to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Sergey Basyuk

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I second what the other attorneys have said - you need a lawyer in this matter.

    During a meeting like this, it is hard to predict what ICE will do. ICE has the power to detain an individual and/or begin removal proceedings. If it begins removal proceedings, you might have to apply for adjustment of status before an immigration judge. Please note that ICE is likely to begin removal proceedings even if application for adjustment of status has already been filed.

    Best regards,

    Sergey Basyuk

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,924 answers this week

3,069 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,924 answers this week

3,069 attorneys answering