Iam involved in auto accident and got injured broken ribs and broken clavicle and its not my fault i was in green other in red

How much should i claim i got police report that its not my fault

Woodland Hills, CA -

Minh Tri Nguyen

Minh Tri Nguyen

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Long Beach, CA

You need an attorney. You can try to negotiate the claim yourself, screw it up, get pennies on the dollar, and regret it for the rest of your life or consult with an experienced, honest, and trustworthy attorney who will get you full and fair compensation. The fact that you are asking this question without providing the pertinent facts tells me that you don't know what you are doing. Please don't take offense by my comments, but I hate it when potential clients screw up their case by not seeking a free consultation with a competent attorney.

Sponsored Listing
Michael Shemtoub

Michael Shemtoub

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

I live and work in Woodland Hills, so I am happy to answer your question. As a basic premise I wouldn't handle your claim by yourself. Here is the reason why: depending on your coverage, your own insurance company could turn against you and use your recorded statement against you. The best thing to do is hire an attorney who will filter what information is necessary and give that to them.

You have some great facts, but your case definitely needs to be developed further to corroborate your story. You should hire an attorney so you're not bullied around ! There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney. With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body and your property; and of course how high is the at fault person's policy. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled many of these cases

Phillip Buchanan Grubaugh

Phillip Buchanan Grubaugh

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Kansas City, MO

Attorney Crosner is right on target that there is no magic number, and moreover the value of your claim will be majorly affected by how well you tie down the liability, and not just with a police report but with professional investigation of the collision. An experienced personal injury attorneys will help ensure you get appropriate and sufficient medical evaluation and treatment and properly document your medical expenses, wage loss, future medical treatment, pain and suffering and permanent disability. The best personal injury attorneys offer free consultations so you hve nothing to lose nd everything to gain by protecting your rights before the insurance company minimizes and/or destroys your claim. Most importantly, DO NOT GIVE. RECORDED STATEMENT WITHOUT FIRST SPEAKING TO AN ATTORNEY. Best of luck!

Richard H. Wooster

Richard H. Wooster

Personal Injury Lawyer - Tacoma, WA

Hire an attorney. You have some serious injuries. The claim cannot be valued without knowing many factors not set out in your statement. What do you do for a living and how much wage loss did you have and will you have in the future. What are your medical expenses. How well have you healed and what is the future prognosis for further medical treatment. How have your injuries impacted you life and how will they impact you in the future. How will you and the defendant come across to the jury. How strong is your case on liability. Only an experienced personal injury can take these intangibles and negotiate the best settlement for you and be able to prove your case in court if a reasonable settlement cannot be achieved.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

You shouldn't try to resolve your case or you could sabotage it. Retain a personal injury lawyer in the morning.

Paul J Molinaro

Paul J Molinaro

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Corona, CA

In my ever so humble opinion, if one is wondering how much an insurance company is going to pay out on a claim... one can make few correct assumtions except using the following formula... say the claim is worth exactly x dollars... if one has a competent, experienced, ethical attorney one will get really close to x... and if one has no attorney one will not get close to x.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.