Skip to main content

Iam about to go for removal of conditions from a green card on 13th Feb 2012,my husband has refused to go the interview.

Miami, FL |

we met and got married in 2005 in Kenya and got married overseas 3yrs ago.Since last year he has been emotionally abusive.He signed my 1-751 but now he says he won't go to the interview with me.What should I do

we had been friends since 2006 and have been till the last two years when He started been abusive.I f he doesn't go to the interview,should I go alone?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. although you certainly have options, your interview is coming up and you must think and react quickly. I strongly suggest retaining an attorney at this time.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  3. You need to find an experienced attorney who will review your case. Because your interview is in the immediate future, I will schedule and appointment asap. Good luck.

    This website may be considered advertisement under section 7.2 of the New Mexico Rules of Professional Conduct and other state rules. This attorney advertisement does not establish an attorney/client relationship, which is only formed when you have signed an engagement agreement.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics