Iam 16 and was wondering what all do they do to you when you go to the meeting for the dream act

Cedar Park, TX |

Iam applying for the dream act and was wondering what all do they do to you

1. Sounds like an immigration question. Good luck.

Ms. Laster practices in Dallas, Denton, Collin and Tarrant Counties. Principal office located in Lake Dallas, Texas. This does not establish an attorney/client relationship.

2. I think you mean DACA? The requirements are listed here: http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-process

Once your application is submitted, you will receive a couple of notices. The first will indicate that your application was received. The second will be a fingerprint appointment notice. If additional evidence is required, you will get another notice explaining what else is needed from you. Finally, if all checks out, you will get an approval notice...followed by your employment authorization card.

If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, your application will be denied. I suggest meeting with an immigration attorney to see whether you qualify (before you spend application fee).

You should not consider information contained herein as legal advice. I am unable to provide reliable legal information without a full consultation.

3. Usually there is no interview for this type of application. if you are eligible, and file papers properly, you should get the approval in the mail, typically within 6-8 months.

This answer is designed for general information only. The information presented here should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship.

4. There is no meeting when you apply for DACA (there is no Dream Act). The only appointment you have is fingerprinting. It takes about 15 minutes. If there is anything in your immigration or criminal history, you should discuss your case with a licensed immigration attorney before you file anything.