I_864 3 YEARS Income Tax Return

Asked about 1 year ago - Port Deposit, MD

Hi my name is ralph jayson im living in USA (LPR) i just have a quick question what if no federal income tax return for three years? i only have 2 income tax 2011 & 2012 i just work last 2011 so i only have 2 income tax return, but im still working i can get my new w2 on feb. 2014 but i want to submit now the I_864 for my Wife and Daughter who live in the Phillipines..My Mother will submit I_864A to help me reach the requirements..is it ok if im just gonna send 2 income tax return?? thank you and

God Bless..

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jay Ignacio Nunez

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You only need to provide the most recent year's tax return. You'll need to state the last three years' income. The most important time regarding income is the present. You must show you can support the beneficiaries based on your current income. You don't need to prove that you've had sufficient income for the last three years.

  2. Olivia Orza

    Contributor Level 3


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . The most important income tax return is the most recent one, so sending in only 2 is fine.

  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is basically a repeat question.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Sponsoring an immigrant

Petitioning for, or sponsoring, an immigrant allows you to help a relative immigrate to the United States, if certain conditions are met.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,269 answers this week

3,383 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,269 answers this week

3,383 attorneys answering