I94 has expired, today got letter in mail that my I94 extension has been denied. How long can I stay before leaving USA.

Asked about 2 years ago - Denver, CO

I am planning to leave within 2 weeks, is it ok if I leave 2 weeks from today

1. 3

Answered . As other attorneys suggested the denial letter would state the terms of departure however the sooner you leave the better it will look for your next application for a visa. In any case do not accrue more than 180 days since running out of status (whenever it starts).

2. 4

Answered . Read the denial letter closely ... it usually tells you how long you have ... if any.

Sometimes there is no grace period allowed ... thus every day you delay will result in you accumulating unlawful presence.

3. 3

Answered . The letter should state at what point you are considered out of status - it may be the same day as the denial, in which case you do not have any more time.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now